Monday, June 11, 2012

High Cost of Transportation Books, CD's & DVD's Part III

Now, using the conventional wisdom available on negotiating, which I have read, seen and heard over and over in my many years in the transportation business, I will use that same approach on justifying the cost of my Book, CD and DVD.  To keep things simple, I will address the price of my book only for this discussion - $29.00.  I have received numerous emails asking, "Why the high price?" or "I see books all the time for $9.99?"  Let me break it down and try to sell it to you in an approach used by most owner operators, small fleets & carriers operations departments today.

18 Wheels of Justice - Negotiating with Brokers & 3PL's - "The Book"

My cost per book for each one sold. (I had my accountant break it down over the week-end)

  $6.94 Actual Cost of Book from Publisher
  $  .30 Shipping from Publisher
  $4.24 Alimony paid to 1st ex-wife
  $2.87 Alimony paid to 2nd ex-wife
  $1.40 Cost of romance for much younger, soon to be third wife
  $  .32 Private Chef
  $1.88 Bar Tab
  $2.30 Bookie (it varies weekly, I took a 52 week average, plus "I'll Have Another"
            was scratched at Belmont, skewed my average)
  $1.10 Cowboy Hats
  $  .80 Horse Feed
  $1.80 Marker at Bellagio
  $5.05 Citation III (includes two pilots on salary, plus fuel surcharge,
            always get your fuel surcharge)

$29.00  Total - there you have it...  Buy "The Book" today at 18wheelsofjustice.com

More on Tuesday... 

Negotiating with Freight Brokers & 3PL's...Book...CD....DVD.
EMAIL - Negotiator@18wheelsofjustice.com

18 Wheels of Justice Series available only at http://www.18wheelsofjustice.com/