Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money - They pulled me in for a Level I

TA Truckstop - Foristell, MO.  11:49AM 06.27.2012

Conversations with Marge...

The TA in Foristell is about 50 miles west of St. Louis.  It's the first real truckstop you come across as your making your way westbound on I-70.  It is a grimy, dirty sort of mis-configured building, that has been there for ages.  There's remnants of a Taco Bell and KFC "in house" franchise, which never seemed to take off with drivers passing through or locals, for that matter. 

It smells like old tacos, used fried chicken grease and GOOP(I hope you know GOOP and its unique smell).  Honestly, I am not sure if the Taco Bell and KFC are still operating, I never walk around that side of the building.  The best I can recall, I've never seen anyone over there.  I prefer the "real" food inside and most of all I enjoy talking to Marge.  Marge is an unfortunate looking, crusty old gal, sweet as can be, and most importantly, she is always there. 

I asked her what shift exactly she worked one time years ago and she frankly replied "all of them".  Sensing a sad story and a desire for sympathy coming from Marge, I withheld further comment and simply ordered my lunch.

Marge started at the TA in 1972 and never looked back.  Marge has seen and heard it all and is an excellent source of information and gossip from all around the country on everything Trucking.  And Marge, she likes to talk about trucking...

Drivers that get loaded in St. Louis for all points west will typically stop on their way at the TA to get fuel, some food and refreshments for the journey.  The only real issue standing between them, and Marge's lunch and fuel, is a rather imposing building right before the exit.

You guessed it - The Scale House...

Drivers and Owner operators who get pulled in to the scale almost certainly get off at the exit and go to the TA to blow off steam.  If you think you have heard it all, you haven't spent the day at the TA with Marge when the Scale House is in full production, generating tax dollars and slowing down the economy...

Next Wednesday, Marge shares with us the legendary tale of  "The Renegade"...

 

18 Wheels of Justice - Book and CD - $24.99 Combo


www.18WheelsofJustice.com




18 Wheels of Justice Series available on Amazon and at: http://www.18wheelsofjustice.com/