Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Everybody Negotiates Every Day!

Everybody Negotiates!  In our business, our personal lives, with spouses, children, friends and neighbors...  Most people do it without realizing it.  Negotiating is the biggest cause of anxiety, discomfort and fear for most people right behind public speaking and visiting relatives.   I would like to share with you the negotiating style of James "Irish Jimmy" McDougal...

     James was running late for his court date on a steamy August morning in downtown St. Louis.  He circled around the courthouse several times searching desparately for a parking spot, hoping one would open up.  Finally, after all else failed, he turns to prayer.
"Lord, please help me out here, I have missed court twice, been late three times, and the Judge told me if I was late again he would throw the book at me.."   "If You would only see to help a poor soul like me to find a parking spot, I promise You, I will stop drinking, stop chasing women and go to church every Sunday, Lord.  I will even be nice to my wife and visit my mother after church every Sunday..."

Suddenly, out of nowhere, the clouds open up and a ray of sunshine pours down on a car pulling out right in front of Jimmy, opening up a parking spot.  Jimmy pulls in the spot, gets out of his car and yells up to the sky, "Nevermind, Lord,  I found one!"

                                   http://www.18wheelsofjustice.com/
                              Negotiating with Freight Brokers & 3PL's
                             email - negotiator@18wheelsofjustice.com